Almond Suji Cookies
225g ghee (clarified butter)
150g icing sugar
340g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
1. Cream ghee with sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
2. Fold in sifted flour and add in ground almonds. Mix to a soft dough and refrigerate dough for half an hour.
3. Place dough between two plastic sheets and roll out flat. Cut out designs with cookie cutters. Arrange on greased baking trays. Glaze cookies with beaten egg.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
8 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
My Flickr Photos
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Lynica on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- manny fong on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Anonymous on Hainanese Chicken Chop
- Killer Sugee Cake | on Almond Sugee Cake
- anonymous on Kueh Wajik
- Sherly Tien on Ang Ku Kueh I
- Timah on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- http://jerristephenson.blogspot.co.uk/2006/01/losing-identity-in-st-thomas.html on Steamed Yam Cake
- Alisha on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- hentai games on Almond Sugee Cake
- 1,862,042 hits
Site infoRose’s Kitchen
The Andreas04 Theme.