225 g butter
225 g caster sugar
450g self raising flour
120 g dessicated coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
cut red cherries, for decoration
1. Sift the self raising flour.
2. Cream butter with sugar till light. Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring in one direction.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and dessicated coconut. Add in the vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Spoon batter in small heaps onto greased trays and and top each with a small piece of cut cherry. Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 20 minutes or till light brown in colour.
5. Cool cookies on a cake rack before storing in an airtight container.
2 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
My Flickr Photos
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Marlene on Kueh Pie Tee Recipe
- employers mutual on Almond Sugee Cake
- Anonymous on Kueh Wajik
- Anonymous on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- Snel geld verdienen on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Casey Ho on Huai Shan With Pork Ribs Soup
- Clash of Clans PC on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Rina on Kueh Lapis Legit
- click here on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Lyle on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- 1,988,800 hits