200ml thick coconut milk
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp tamarind juice
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp salt
1. Boil pork in water for 5 minutes. Rinse and drain. Slice to 2.5 cm thick pieces and tenderise with the back of a cleaver.
2. Place pork in a pan with the coconut milk, coriander seeds, salt and sugar and tamarind juice and bring to a boil.
3. Boil till pork is tender and gravy dries up. Dish up and deep-fry for 2-5 minutes.
300g green brinjals
1 big onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, ground
1.5 cm piece ginger, ground
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 egg-sized tamarind
4 tbsp oil
2.5 cm piece cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Cut brinjals into halves and then each piece in twos. Soak in salt water for half an hour and rinse before using.
2. Knead tamarind with 1 bowl water and strain out juice.
3. Heat 4 tbsp oil in pan and fry the sliced onion until soft and brown.
4. Add whole spices, ground garlic and ginger, tumeric and chilli powder. Fry until fragrant.
5. Add tamarind juice and seasoning to taste. Add brinjals and simmer till soft and gravy is thick.