Carrot Walnut Cake
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
11/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups castor sugar
1 cup cornoil
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups finely grated carrot
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup crushed pineapple (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar, cornoil and beaten eggs and mix well.
4. Add grated carrots, chopped walnuts and pineapples and blend thoroughly.
5. Pour into a greased 25cm x 25cm square tin or 2 loaf pans.
6. Bake at 180 deg C for 40 to 45 minutes, or until done. Cool cake in pans a few minutes before turning out on a wire rack. When thoroughly cooled, frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
250g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
400g icing sugar
1. Cream butter with cream cheese and vanilla essence until light.
2. Gradually add icing sugar and blend until of spreading consistency.