Kai Choy Soup
500g Kai Choy (Leaf Mustard)
500g pork ribs
8 red dates, stoned
3 dried scallops
2 litres water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
1. Soak red dates till softened, wash and drain. Wash dried scallops.
2. Wash and cut leaf mustard into 3 sections.
3. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water, wash and drain.
4. Bring 2 litres of water to a boil. Add pork ribs, red dates and dried scallops. Cover pot and boil over high heat for 15 minutes.
5. Add leaf mustard, lower heat and simmer soup for 1 hour. Add seasoning to taste.