Har Kow (Shrimp Dumplings) Recipe
- 125 g Wheat starch
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lard
- 1/2 egg white
- 300g Shelled shrimps
- 30g bamboo shoots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Sift the wheat starch and cornflour into mixing bowl, pour in the boiling water and stir vigorously into a paste.
- Remove on to a table and allow to stand for 1 minute, then add the lard and knead into a soft dough.
- Roll into a long strip and cut into 32 equal portions.
- Dice the shrimps.
- Shred the bamboo shoots finely.
- Place both filling ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the egg white, salt, sugar and pepper and mix well.
- Then add the cornflour and pound the mixture until firm.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To complete -
- Roll each portion of dough into a small round.
- Place the filling on the round and wrap up with 6 pleats on each side, forming a bonnet-shaped dumpling.
- Arrange the har kow in a greased steamer.
- Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.