300g rice flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp alkaline water
1. Sieve rice flour into a mixing bowl. Add in the salt, 600ml water and the alkaline water and mix well. Rest mixture for 10-15 mins before straining.
2. Boil remaining 600ml water. When boiled, pour the rice flour mixture into it and stir till thick.
3. Line a 9 inches round tray with cellophane paper. Pour the rice flour mixture into it and smoothen the surface with 2 tbsp water. Steam over high heat for about 1/2 hour or till cooked.
4. Cool kueh before cutting into serving pieces. Serve with palm sugar syrup.
Palm Sugar Syrup:
300g gula melaka
150g caster sugar
2 pandan leaves
1. Boil the above ingredients together until thick.
2. Remove pandan leaves and sieve.