600g plain flour
500g light brown sugar
300g sweet potatoes
11/2 rice bowls water (450ml)
1 tbsp dried yeast
10 pandan leaves
1. Remove skin of sweet potatoes, wash and cut into pieces. Boil with some water till cooked, drain and mash till fine.
2. Pound pandan leaves and extract the juice.
3. Sift flour into a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the pandan juice and cooled, mashed sweet potatoes.
5. Add in the water bit by bit till enough to form a thick batter.
6. Dissolve the dried yeast in 2 tbsp lukewarm water, leave till foamy then mix with the batter. Mix well, cover and leave to prove for 1 hour.
7. Pour batter into 2-5″ round tins lined with banana leaves and steam over vigorously boiling water for 1 hour.