Huat Kueh II
300g plain flour
250g brown sugar
200ml thick coconut milk
1 tsp double action baking powder
5 pandan leaves
1. Boil the brown sugar and 50ml water till sugar dissolves. Strain and leave to cool.
2. Pound the pandan leaves and extract the juice.
3. Mix the egg with the thick coconut milk and pandan juice.
4. Mix the shifted flour with the cool sugar solution and mix well, then add in the thick coconut milk mixture.
5. Dissolve the double action baking powder with 2 tbsp of hot water and add to the mixture.
6. Pour mixture into small containers and steam immediately for about 20 minutes.