200g light brown sugar
375g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g mixed fruits
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp Brandy
about 100g crushed cornflakes
1. Mix the dried fruits with 2 tbsp Brandy and leave to soak overnight.
2. Cream butter, sugar and salt until creamy. Add vanilla essence and lightly beaten eggs.
3. Fold in sifted flour and mixed dried fruits and mix well.
4. Using a spoon, scoop about a teaspoon of the cookie dough and drop it into the crushed cornflakes. Roll into small balls and place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in preheated oven at about 160 deg for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
3 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
My Flickr Photos
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Marlene on Kueh Pie Tee Recipe
- employers mutual on Almond Sugee Cake
- Anonymous on Kueh Wajik
- Anonymous on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- Snel geld verdienen on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Casey Ho on Huai Shan With Pork Ribs Soup
- Clash of Clans PC on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Rina on Kueh Lapis Legit
- click here on Sambal Chilli For Nasi Lemak
- Lyle on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- 1,988,807 hits