12 ozs butter
8 ozs sugar
9 ozs Self-raising flour
16 ozs eggs (weigh with shells, about 8 eggs)
3 dessertsp condensed milk
1 dessertsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Cream butter with 4 ozs sugar and vanilla essence till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg yolks, one at a time and cream well.
3. Beat egg whites till fluffy, then add in 4 ozs sugar bit by bit and beat till stiff.
4. Add beaten egg yolks to creamed butter and fold well, then add in golden syrup and condensed milk.
5. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and then fold in sifted flour.
6. Pour into a greased, lined 10″ square tin and bake in pre-heated oven at 350° F or 180°C for 1 hr.