Lychee Butter Cake
12 ozs melted butter
8 egg yolks
8 egg whites
7 ozs castor sugar
9 ozs softasilk flour
4 ozs chopped lychees
3 Tbsp tinned lychee syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cream of tartar
1. Beat egg whites with sugar and cream of tartar until very stiff.
2. Add in egg yolks one at a time and beat till thick.
3. Add in lychee syrup and chopped lychee and continue to beat for awhile more.
4. Fold in sieved flour and melted butter alternately.
5. Bake in a greased and lined 11″ round tin at 350°F for about 45 mins.