1 promfret (about 500g) wash & cut into slices
1 stalk bunga siantan (torch ginger) sliced
20 stalks dried chillies (soaked in hot water until soft, drain)
4 fresh red chillies
2 stalks serai (lemon grass)
2 cm old tumeric
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp belachan
50g assam + 3 cups water
2 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1. Blend all spice ingredients till fine.
2. Heat oil in wok, saute spice paste until fragrant for about 15 minutes.
3. Add assam juice and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, adding more water when necessary to prevent gravy from drying up.
4. Add in fish slices and bunga siantan, season with sugar and salt to taste.
5. Simmer until fish is cooked.
No comments yet.