Fried Cuttlefish & Vegetables
250g belly pork or chicken
200g dried cuttlefish
1/2 small cabbage
5 dried shitake mushrooms
2 big onions
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup stock
3-4 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar, or to taste
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
2 tbsp vinegar to marinate dried cuttlefish
1. Slice the dried cuttlefish thinly, wash and rinse. Marinate with 2 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp sugar. Leave aside until softened, drain dry before frying.
2. Boil the meat until cooked, cool and cut into long thin slices.
3. Soak mushrooms in water until softened and cut into thin strips. Slice turnip, carrots and cabbage thinly. Halve onions and cut into thin slices.
4. Heat oil in a wok over a medium fire to saute the minced garlic until fragrant. Add the cuttlefish and fry until it begins to pop.
5. Add in the onions and stir-fry for a few minutes more before adding in the mushrooms and the rest of the vegetables. Stir-fry until the vegetables are soft, then add in about 1 cup stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally. Season with light soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with lettuce and sambal belachan.
No comments yet.