1 kg mutton with bones
2 big onions, sliced
2 stalks celery, cut into 2″ lengths
2 stalks spring onions, cut into 2″ lengths
2 stalks parsley, cut into 2″ lengths
Spices to add whole:
2″ piece cinnamon
Ingredients to blend:
1 tbsp ketumbar seeds (coriander seeds)
1 tsp jintan manis (fennel seeds)
2 tsp jintan puteh (cummin seeds)
1/2 inch piece kunyit (tumeric)
1 inch piece ginger
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
salt to taste
1. Squeeze out the juice from the blended ingredients and discard the pulp.
2. Mix mutton with a bit of assam juice to get rid of the smell. Wash and rinse well.
3. Put mutton in a pot, add the sliced big onion, chopped celery, spring onions and whole spices and cook over a slow fire until the juice comes out.
4. Add in the juice of the blended ingredients and some water and simmer until the mutton is tender. Add in pepper and salt to taste.
5. Garnish with fried shallots and chopped parsley.
No comments yet.