Wine Sauce Fried Prawns
500g big prawns (unshelled)
2 cloves garlic
2 fresh red chillies
1 small piece ginger
3 tbsp chai por (preserved radish)
2 stalks spring onions, cut into 2cm lengths
Seasoning for prawns:
2 tsp salt
1 tsp vesop
a pinch of pepper
Ingredients for Sauce:
2 tbsp chinese wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
4 tbsp water
1. Clean prawns and season with salt, pepper and vesop for 1 hour.
2. Chop shallots, garlic, ginger and red chillies finely. Wash chai por and squeeze dry.
3. Deep fry prawns till crispy, remove and drain off excess oil.
4. Mix chinese wine with sesame oil, oyster sauce, sugar and water in a bowl.
5. Heat wok with a little oil and fry chopped onions, garlic, ginger and chai por till fragrant. Add in chopped red chillies and the prepared sauce, stir well and add in the crispy fried prawns.
6. Remove and garnish with chopped spring onions.