Crab Meat Roll
24 pieces (10″x 2″) sliced soft bread
500g prepared crab meat (about 1.5 kg crab)
85g gherkins, chopped
60g pickled onions, chopped
Cold Sauce Ingredients:
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1. Remove crust from bread and spread each slice with butter.
2. Steam about 1.5 kg crabs and remove the meat.
3. Mix mayonnaise with chilli sauce and tomato ketchup, add crab meat and mix well.
4. Spread crab meat mixture on prepared slices of bread and roll each piece up with a greaseproof paper. Cut into small pieces to serve.
Ingredients for Mayonnaise:
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard
juice of 1/2 a lemon
pinch of salt
dash of pepper
150ml corn oil
1. Mix egg yolk with sugar, mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Add in 150ml corn oil slowly or mixture will cuddle.
2. If mixture cuddles, place 1/2 tbsp boiling water into another clean bowl, pour cuddled mixture into it slowly till mixture combines.
Note: Dilute mayonnaise with hot water when serving with salad.
No comments yet.