Oat Jelly Biscuits
227g castor sugar
227g fine oats
340g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
4 tbsp jam boiled with
115g icing sugar
1. Sieve flour with bicarbonate of soda and salt, then mix well with fine oats.
2. Cream butter with sugar till white and creamy. Add in vanilla essence and beaten eggs a little at a time.
4. Lightly mix with the sieved flour mixture, then roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness. Cut out dough with a 2″ round cutter. Cut a small hole at the centre of half the lot of dough.
5. Place on greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 20-25 minutes.
6. Place a little jam onto the centre of biscuits and cover with the other piece of biscuit with a hole in the centre.
1 Comment »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- Kek Suji tanpa badam (Sugee Cake without almonds) – Atok Wan's Recipes on Almond Sugee Cake
- Priscilla Prasad on Almond Sugee Cake
- jual beli rumah on Homemade Fish Ball Soup
- Abby on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- Michael on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- searshead63241 on Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Ofelia F. Benairo on Oatmeal Muffins
- Christian SATRE on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies) « Rose’s Kitchen | ibakeicookieat on Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies)
- sixfingeredwanderer on Huat Kueh
- 2,233,339 hits
Site infoRose’s Kitchen
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.