5 medium-sized crabs
6 ozs mashed potatoes
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 clove garlic
1 tiny piece kenchor (swa kio)
2 stalks spring onions
1 sprig chinese parsley
1. Kill crabs and wash thoroughly. Steam crabs whole for 15 minutes.
2. Separate shells from bodies, remove urinary ducts and dirt from inside of shells. Cut into halves and remove crab meat.
3. Ground kenchor, garlic and shallots. Chop spring onions and parsley finely and mix well.
4. Mix crab meat with 1 tbsp spring onions and parsley, mashed potatoes, a pinch of nutmeg, three-fifths of the lightly beaten eggs, grounded ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and stuff the crab shells with them.
6. Brush the top of the mixture lightly with the rest of the beaten eggs and fry in oil till brown.
No comments yet.