1 fat chicken, cut into pieces
500g potatoes, skinned & quartered
500ml coconut milk from 2 coconuts
Ingredients to be blended:
10 red chillies
20 shallots, sliced
1 big onion, sliced
a thumb size piece of lengkuas (20g)
a thumb size piece of ginger (10g)
1 piece belachan (2 x 2 cm)
1 tbsp ketumbar paste (coriander)
1 tbsp dry chilli paste
3 tbsp dry grounded coconut
3 whole lemon grass, crushed
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp assam + 150ml water
1. Clean and cut chicken into pieces.
2. Pare and cut potatoes into quarters, wash with salt water and drain. Fry lightly in a little oil.
3. Blend chillies with sliced onion, shallots, lengkuas, ginger and belachan. Mix with chillie paste and ketumbar paste.
4. Heat oil in wok till hot and fry blended ingredients till fragrant. Add in crushed lemon grass, chicken pieces and coconut milk and fry till chicken is half cooked. Add in the lightly fried potatoes.
5. Cook until very dry then add in salt, sugar, ground coconut and assam juice.
No comments yet.