Almond Suji Cookies
225g ghee (clarified butter)
150g icing sugar
340g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk (for glazing)
1. Cream ghee with sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
2. Fold in sifted flour and add in ground almonds. Mix to a soft dough and refrigerate dough for half an hour.
3. Place dough between two plastic sheets and roll out flat. Cut out designs with cookie cutters. Arrange on greased baking trays. Glaze cookies with beaten egg.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
8 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- Michael on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- searshead63241 on Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Ofelia F. Benairo on Oatmeal Muffins
- Christian SATRE on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies) « Rose’s Kitchen | ibakeicookieat on Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies)
- sixfingeredwanderer on Huat Kueh
- sixfingeredwanderer on Alkaline Kueh
- sixfingeredwanderer on Har Kow (Shrimp Dumplings) Recipe
- sixfingeredwanderer on Beef Hor Fun
- sixfingeredwanderer on Seafood or Pork Shumai (Siew Mai)
- 2,208,438 hits
Site infoRose’s Kitchen
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.