80g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
180g plain flour
40g Hoen Kwe flour (green beans flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
60g ground almonds
1 egg, for glazing
sliced toasted almond for decoration
1. Cream butter with icing sugar till light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in sifted flour and stir well to form a soft dough.
2. Place dough between 2 sheets of plastic, roll it into a flat piece. Cut out cookies with a butterfly shaped cutter. Arrange cut out cookies on greased tray and glaze with beaten egg yolk. Press an almond strip in the centre of each cookie.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg C for 15-20 minutes.
No comments yet.
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- jual beli rumah on Homemade Fish Ball Soup
- Abby on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- Michael on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- searshead63241 on Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Ofelia F. Benairo on Oatmeal Muffins
- Christian SATRE on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies) « Rose’s Kitchen | ibakeicookieat on Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies)
- sixfingeredwanderer on Huat Kueh
- sixfingeredwanderer on Alkaline Kueh
- sixfingeredwanderer on Har Kow (Shrimp Dumplings) Recipe
- 2,224,342 hits
Site infoRose’s Kitchen
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.