Arrowroot And Soya Beans Soup
1 arrowroot ‘kudzu root’ (approx. 1 kg)
500g pork ribs (‘long ku’)
a handful soya beans, soaked
8 red dates, stoned
2.5 litres water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
1. Wash arrowroot and scrubbed clean. Cut into thick slices.
2. Soak soya beans till softened and remove husks.
3. Scald pork ribs in hot water for 3 minutes. Wash and drain.
4. Bring 2.5 litres of water to a boil. Add in the arrowroot, red dates and soya beans and boil over high heat for 15 minutes. Lower heat and simmer soup for 2-3 hours.
5. Season soup with salt and light soya sauce to taste.
Note: Left-over arrowroot braised with meat tastes delicious.
No comments yet.