8 eggs, separated
225g castor sugar
140g softasilk flour
90ml corn oil
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp chocolate colouring
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix softasilk flour with corn oil, water, cocoa powder, baking powder and stir well.
2. Beat egg yolks with 85g sugar until stiff.
3. Mix beaten egg yolks to the flour mixture and stir well till smooth.
4. Whisk egg whites with remaining sugar and cream of tartar until very stiff.
5. Fold flour mixture into stiffly beaten egg whites and mix well.
6. Place cake mixture into a tube chiffon tin and bake in oven at 180 deg C for 40-50 minutes.
7. Turn cake plus tin over on a cake rack and leave to cool before turning out.