Steamed Sponge Cake
500g plain flour
3/4 can ice cream soda
some sultanas (optional)
1. Line a round tin with cellophane paper.
2. Beat eggs with sugar till very thick and white.
3. Fold in sifted flour with ice cream soda alternately. Add in sultanas (if used).
4. Pour batter into cellophane-lined tin.
5. When water in steamer is boiling vigorously, place the tin of batter onto the steaming tray. Cover and steam over high heat for 1 hour. Do not lift the lid until the cake is cooked. If you need to top up water in steamer, use hot water.
6. Remove cake and place on a wire rack to cool.