Brown Marrow With Red Dates Soup
1 brown marrow
500g pork ribs
10-15 dried red dates
2 litres water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
1. Scrub the skin of brown marrow gently with a soft brush to remove any dirt. Wash and cut into 4-cm wide rings. Discard pith and seeds.
2. Scald pork ribs with boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse and drain.
3. Bring 2 litres of water to a boil. Add in the marrow rings, red dates and pork ribs.
4. Boil over high heat for 15 minutes. Lower heat and simmer for another 1 hour.
5. Season with salt and light soya sauce to taste.