Chicken Stewed With Chestnuts And Mushrooms
300g fresh chestnuts
10 dried shitake mushrooms
10 slices ginger
5 cloves garlic, smashed
3 tbsp cooking oil
11/2 cups water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
1. Cut chicken into serving pieces. Wash well and drain.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Soak mushrooms in hot water till softened. Wash and squeeze dry.
3. Boil chestnuts in water for 10 minutes. Cool and gently ease off the skin from the chestnuts. Wash and drain.
4. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok. Saute garlic cloves and ginger slices till fragrant. Add chicken pieces and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, chestnuts, seasoning and water. Stir well and cover wok. Simmer over medium heat for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook till chicken is tender and gravy is thick.
No comments yet.