500g fish fillet, cut into 2
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
8 stalks spring onions
2 pieces limau perut (lime leaves)
1 daun kunyit (tumeric leaf)
2 tbsp cooking oil
juice of 1 lime
salt and sugar to taste
2 pieces banana leaf
Ingredients to blend:
10 fresh red chillies
1 big onion
6 buah keras (candlenut)
1. Slice tomatoes and cut spring onions into 2 cm lengths.
2. Place blended ingredients into a bowl. Add in oil, lime juice, spring onions and salt and sugar to taste.
3. Rub the pieces of fish with salt and 1/4 tsp tumeric powder.
4. Take a piece of banana leaf, place a piece of fish on it. Cover fish with half of mixture from (2) and top with a piece of limau perut and 1/2 a kunyit leaf.
5. Wrap up the fish and secure the ends of the banana leaf with toothpicks. Do the same as for the other piece of fish. (Can use aluminium foil if no banana leaf).
6. Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg C for 25 minutes or until fish is cooked.