200g roast belly pork
100g dried prawns
50g salt fish (ikan kurau)
5 chinese mushrooms
1 small cabbage, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 shallots, sliced
3 tbsp cooking oil
3 cups rice (using rice cooker cup)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1 red chilli, sliced
1. Soak dried prawns in water for 15 minutes. Wash and drain.
2. Wash salted fish and slice thinly.
3. Soak dried mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes or until soft. Rinse, squeeze dry and slice.
4. Wash and prepare rice with usual amount of water.
5. Heat wok with 3 tbsp oil until hot. Add in the sliced shallots and fry till lightly brown. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
6. In the same oil, add in the chopped garlic and fry till golden brown. Add in the dried prawns and salted fish and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add in sliced mushrooms, cabbage and seasoning. Stir-fry for a while. Add roast belly pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Transfer all the fried ingredients to an electric rice cooker. Mix well with the rice and leave to cook until done.
8. To serve, sprinkle rice with shallot crisps and sliced chilli. Add a dash of pepper.