Brown Rice With Carrot Porridge
300g pig’s soft bones
1 cup brown rice
1 litre water
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame oil
a dash of pepper
1. Wash unpolished rice and soak in water with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil for 2 hours. Drain.
2. Blanch soft bones in boiling water. Rinse and drain.
3. Bring 1 litre of water to a boil. When water is boiling, add in the soft bones and brown rice and boil for 30 minutes.
4. Add carrot pieces and continue to simmer until bones are tender and rice grains are broken and smooth. Add seasoning to taste and stir well.
5. To serve, sprinkle porridge with some chopped spring onions and shredded ginger.