250g caster sugar
170g self-raising flour
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1. Peel and mash bananas with a fork.
2. Cream butter with condensed milk and half of the sugar for 5 minutes. Add in the salt, vanilla essence and mashed bananas and mix well.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and the remaining half of the sugar until thick and creamy.
4. Fold the beaten egg mixture to the creamed butter mixture. Fold in the sifted flour, stirring as lightly as possible.
5. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg C for 45 minutes to 1 hour.