225 g butter
225 g caster sugar
450g self raising flour
120 g dessicated coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
cut red cherries, for decoration
1. Sift the self raising flour.
2. Cream butter with sugar till light. Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring in one direction.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and dessicated coconut. Add in the vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Spoon batter in small heaps onto greased trays and and top each with a small piece of cut cherry. Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 20 minutes or till light brown in colour.
5. Cool cookies on a cake rack before storing in an airtight container.
2 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- Teochew Perng Kueh – Savory Sticky Rice Cake | Tra Vinh Networks on Teochew Png Kueh
- Kamala on Fried Mee Siam
- Kueh Sarlat (Seri Muka) | Baking Language on Kueh Sarlat
- Alice Tan on Crispy Prawn Fritters
- Agar-agar | ilmainennetti on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- Judy Porse on Ang Ku Kueh II
- Happy Birthday Daddy! | Lil' Miss Homebody on Almond Sugee Cake
- Philip on Durian Apom Balik
- Gaythri on Almond Sugee Cake
- Bali Tour on Kaya
- 2,066,280 hits