Spicy Beef Stew
500g stewing steak
300g french beans, sliced
8 potatoes, quartered
2 carrots, sliced thickly
2 large onions, quartered
1/2 cabbage, sliced
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp pepper
a stick of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1 litre water
1. Cut beef steak into pieces and tenderise with the back of a cleaver.
2. Bring 1 litre of water to a boil. Add in the stewing steak, cinnamon stick and salt and boil until meat is half-cooked.
3. Add the carrots and potatoes and cook until tender.
4. Add in the cabbage, french beans and onions. Boil on medium heat until the meat is tender.
5. Blend the cornflour, mustard seeds and pepper into a fine paste with a little water.
6. Thicken stew with cornflour mixture.
7. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
No comments yet.