Water Chestnut Pudding
20 water chestnuts
227g water chestnut powder
250g rock sugar
2 tbsp oil
1. Skin and wash water chestnuts. Smash and chop roughly.
2. Mix water chestnut powder with 500ml water. Stir well and strain mixture.
3. Bring 500ml water to a boil. Add in the rock sugar and stir till sugar is dissolved. Pour hot syrup into the water chestnut powder solution and stir quickly.
4. Add the chopped water chestnuts and the 2 tbsp of oil to the mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring all the time till mixture starts to thicken. Quickly turn off heat and keep stirring the mixture till well combined.
5. Pour into a greased square tin and steam over high heat for 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly before cutting. Chill before serving.