Red Bean Porridge
300g red beans
100g raw peanuts
100g pearl sago
200g rock sugar
1 piece dried tangerine peel
3.5 litres water
3 pandan leaves
1. Wash red beans, remove grit and soak in hot water for 30 minutes.
2. Soak raw peanuts in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove skin, wash and drain.
3. Wash pearl sago and drain.
4. Bring the water to a boil. Add in the red beans, peanuts, tangerine peel and pandan leaves. Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes until peanuts and beans are soft.
5. Stir in the pearl sago and keep on stirring with a ladle to prevent sago from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer until sago is cooked and turn transparent.
6. Add in the rock sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
No comments yet.