Pandan Chiffon Cake
170ml thick coconut milk
125ml corn oil
2 tbsp pandan juice
a little green colouring
8 egg yolks
9 egg whites
300g caster sugar
225g softasilk flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1. Blend 12 pandan leaves with a little water and extract the pandan juice.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
3. Cream egg yolks with 150g sugar, add in the coconut milk, corn oil, pandan juice and green colouring. Add in the sifted flour and mix well until smooth.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the remaining 150g of sugar and beat until stiff.
5. Pour egg yolk mixture slowly into the stiffly beaten egg whites and mix lightly till well mixed.
6. Pour mixture into an ungreased 25cm x 10cm chiffon cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 45-50 minutes. Cake is done when an inserted skewer comes out clean.
7. Invert cake onto a wire rack and leave to cool in the tin before turning out.