280g rice flour
50g tapioca flour
280g gula melaka
1 tbsp alkaline water
3 pandan leaves
1/2 grated coconut (skinned)
a pinch of salt
1. Mix rice flour and tapioca flour with 625ml water. Add in the alkaline water, stir well and strain mixture.
2. Boil sugar, gula melaka and pandan leaves with 625ml water. When sugar has dissolved, remove pandan leaves and strain syrup.
3. Pour the boiling syrup into the flour mixture and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth.
4. Heat small porcelain cups or a greased square tin in steamer.
5. Pour the mixture into the heated cups and steam over a strong flame for 7-10 minutes.
6. Cool kueh before removing them carefully from the cups. Roll kueh in grated coconut steamed with a pinch of salt and pandan leaves.