1 small Japanese pumpkin (300g)
300g flat yellow noodles
1 tbsp dried prawns
1 small tin button mushrooms
100g streaky pork
few bunches of bok choy
5-6 shallots, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp oil
1.5 litres water
1 chicken stock cube
salt and pepper to taste
2 red chillies, sliced
1 stalk chinese celery, cut into short lengths
1 stalk spring onion, cut into short lengths
1. Remove seeds from pumpkin, wash and cut into wedges. Wash bok choy and drain.
2. Soak dried shrimps for a while, drain and pound roughly. Cut streaky pork into thin slices.
3. Scald noodles with boiling water and drain.
4. Boil 1.5 litres water with 1 chicken stock cube.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok and fry sliced shallots till golden brown. Remove fried shallots and set aside for garnishing.
6. Add dried prawns and fry till fragrant. Add streaky pork and fry for a while. Add pumpkin wedges and button mushrooms and stir-fry for another 5 minutes before adding to the boiling soup. Reduce heat and simmer till pumpkin is soft.
7. Add bok choy and noodles and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve noodles garnished with spring onion, celery, sliced chilli and shallot crisps.