150g lean meat
150g pork fat
10g sausage casing
1 clove garlic, ground
1 shallot, ground
2 tsp ground soya bean paste
1 tbsp Chinese rose wine
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp spice salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp maltose
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1. Mix maltose and sugar with water and steam till dissolved. Set aside for later use.
2. To make spice salt: Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp salt till hot then add 1/2 tsp 5-spice powder and fry over low heat till aromatic.
3. Soak sausage casing with warm water till soft, then fix it to water tap. Rinse until it is clean then hang up to keep dry.
4. Cut pork fat into small pieces and season with 1 tbsp sugar for 6 hours. Blanch in boiling water and drain for use.
5. Cut liver into small pieces and season with 1 tbsp ginger juice.
6. Place cut lean pork, liver and pork fat into a big bowl, add seasoning ingredients and mix thoroughly. Marinate for 30 minutes.
7. Tie off one end of sausage casing. Attach a funnel to the other end and gather sausage casing on funnel tube. Stuff marinated meat into casing, squeeze to distribute filling evenly throughout the casing. Prick sides of sausage with a needle then knot at every 10-12cm intervals.
8. Rinse in warm water and drain. Soak sausages for half an hour in 1 tbsp water mixed with 1/4 tsp red colouring.
5. Place sausages on a metal rack and roast in preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes. Remove and dab with gravy (1), turn over and roast for a further 10 minutes or until cooked and golden brown. Leave to cool, slice and serve with remaining gravy.
No comments yet.