200g light brown sugar
375g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g mixed fruits
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp Brandy
about 100g crushed cornflakes
1. Mix the dried fruits with 2 tbsp Brandy and leave to soak overnight.
2. Cream butter, sugar and salt until creamy. Add vanilla essence and lightly beaten eggs.
3. Fold in sifted flour and mixed dried fruits and mix well.
4. Using a spoon, scoop about a teaspoon of the cookie dough and drop it into the crushed cornflakes. Roll into small balls and place them on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in preheated oven at about 160 deg for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
4 Comments »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- lisaping on Kueh Pie Tee Recipe
- Jacqueline on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Anonymous on Spicy Fried Prawns
- Anonymous on Kueh Pie Tee Recipe
- chew chi yew on Ang Ku Kueh II
- Anonymous on Ang Ku Kueh II
- Teochew Perng Kueh – Savory Sticky Rice Cake | Tra Vinh Networks on Teochew Png Kueh
- Kamala on Fried Mee Siam
- Kueh Sarlat (Seri Muka) | Baking Language on Kueh Sarlat
- Alice Tan on Crispy Prawn Fritters
- 2,142,613 hits