Crispy Prawn Rolls
300g dried prawns
5 buah keras (ground)
1 tbsp chilli paste
1/2 tsp belachan
5 rounded tbsp caster sugar
thinly sliced limau perut leaves
poh piah skin cut into 4 pieces
egg white for sealing the prawn rolls
1. Clean dried prawns and remove grits. Place in a blender and grind till fine.
2. Fry chilli paste, buah keras and belachan with a little oil till aromatic.
3. Add ground dried prawns and keep on frying till crispy. Remove and add in 5 tbsp sugar and the sliced limau perut leaves and mix well.
4. Place some prawn mixture on a piece of poh piah skin, roll up and seal with egg white.
5. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and when cool, store in an air-tight container.
1 Comment »
Hi! My name is Rose and I really love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes. After recovering from Breast cancer in 2005 I decided that I really wanted to share my favourite recipes with people who also love cooking and baking. I have a large compilation of recipes – some are my own, some I have found. I am in the process of transferring all of them online so that my family and everyone else can have access to them. I really don’t want these recipes to go to waste! I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much as I have. Comments and Feedback are always appreciated. God bless! – Rose
March 2009 update:
Please visit www.roseskitchenette.com if you want to print or email recipes. The recipes are exactly the same. I was unable to add the features on wordpress.com.
Recipes by Category
Top Posts in past 48 hours
- Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Oatmeal Muffins
- Orange Ginger Muffins
- Lemon Coconut Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Red Beans With Lotus Seeds
- Yam Paste with Pumpkin & Gingko Nuts
- Pig Trotter With Ginger and Vinegar
- Pig Liver Soup
- Fried Rice With Char Siew & Pine Nuts
- Fried Rice With Egg and Ginger
- Cornflake Cookies
- Crispy Prawn Rolls
- Spicy Cookies
- Sayor Lodeh
- Priscilla Prasad on Almond Sugee Cake
- jual beli rumah on Homemade Fish Ball Soup
- Abby on Pandan Custard Agar Agar
- Michael on Pak Tong Kou (Steamed White Cake)
- searshead63241 on Orange Blueberry Muffins
- Ofelia F. Benairo on Oatmeal Muffins
- Christian SATRE on Waxed Sausage (Lap Cheong)
- Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies) « Rose’s Kitchen | ibakeicookieat on Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies)
- sixfingeredwanderer on Huat Kueh
- sixfingeredwanderer on Alkaline Kueh
- 2,229,410 hits
Site infoRose’s Kitchen
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.