Chocolate Walnut Cake
10 eggs, separated
300g castor sugar
250g plain flour
2 tsp double action baking powder
100g chocolate coverture, scraped
100g walnuts, chopped
1 tbsp Rum
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Sieve flour with baking powder.
2. Beat butter with 50g castor sugar, rum and vanilla essence until stiff.
3. Add egg yolks to butter mixture, one at a time and beat till stiff and thick. Fold in sifted flour.
4. Beat egg whites with 250g sugar and 1/2 tsp cream of tartar until stiff.
5. Fold butter mixture into the stiffly beaten egg whites, half way add in chocolate shavings.
6. Pour mixture into a greased 10-inch sqaure tin and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg C for about 50 minutes.