Lotus Root Soup
1 section lotus root
500g pork ribs
a handful of peanuts
20 red dates, stoned
2 litres of water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
1. Remove mud from lotus root. Wash clean and cut into slices.
2. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water. Rinse and drain.
3. Blanch peanuts in boiling water, wash and drain.
4. Bring 2 litres of water to a boil. Add in the sliced lotus root, peanuts, red dates and pork ribs. Boil on high flame for 15 minutes. Lower flame and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Lastly, add seasoning to taste.